Thursday, December 2, 2010

Contest and Free Stuff

This is my ninety-fourth post. What does that mean? It means I'm approaching 100, and my 100th post will fall on December 23, 2010. What does that mean for you? It means prizes. Think of it as Christmas presents from me to you. What kind of presents? Since I'm a poor aspiring writer--books. Well, to be completely accurate, one $15.00 Barnes and Noble Gift Certificate, one authentic, hand-drawn facsimile of a Barnes and Nobel gift certificate(non negotiable, but really cool), and a twenty-five page critique of your own fabulous novel. What else did you expect from a writer?

Here are the rules:

The contest opens now and runs until midnight the 22nd.

You enter by spreading the word about my blog. You know the drill, tweet about it, Facebook it, yell it from the roof tops. Then post a comment telling me you did your duty. You get one point for every social media blurb, just leave me a link so I can check up on you (like Santa seeing if you've been naughty or nice).

You get one point if you become a follower and leave a comment.

You get two points for loyalty if you are already a follower and leave a comment.

You also get a point if you add up your points so I don't have to do math.

Each point equals one slip of paper with your name on it. The slips will all be tossed in a bowl like green salad and then eaten. Oh wait, Kid D will choose three lucky winners, and I'll announce them on the 23rd.

Also, if you don't happen to be a writer and don't have twenty-five pages you want critiqued, you can opt out of that prize or gift it to a writing buddy. Just let me know in your comment if you don't want to be included for that prize. (Crazy talk, I know.)

Anywho, thanks for making my blog a fun place to visit! Let the contest begin! Merry Christmas. :)

22 comments:

Emilee said...

Wahoo! What a prize. Count me in for: posting on facebook, being a loyal fan, and adding myself=4

Hermana Maw said...

Emilee, for being the first to enter I'm giving you an extra point. Yup, I'm living it up. He he. Thanks!

Jonene Ficklin said...

Way to go - 100 posts - you're in the big time now! And I like the way you celebrate. You know me, if there's a book prize on the line, count me in!

Hermana Maw said...

Jonene, your name is officially on some slips. :)

Lydia Kang said...

Great idea! I'll post you on my sidebar. Almost 100 posts. Wow! It seems like so many, doesn't it?
:)

Mark Andrew Edwards said...

Done and done. I don't have any experience in personal promotion but this seems like a good idea, Leisha.

Not to mention, your work is worth promoting. Hopefully you'll be sending your current novel off for agent/editor review soon.

Here's my blog post about your...blog post. Huh. The internet is strange.

http://www.markandrewedwards.com/1/post/2010/12/leisha-maws-blog.html

Hermana Maw said...

Lydia, yes it does seem like a lot. Especially when I remember sitting down and chewing my nail over the first one. Thanks for putting me on your side bar. :)

Mark, you make me smile. Thanks for that and for blogging about my site. :)

And yes, I'm hoping someone will want this manuscript. But then, don't we all?

marne' siggard said...

posted you on my facebook, i'm your number one fan, and i didn't exactly get up on my rooftop and yell, but i did scream that i love your blog threw my house:) congrats on almost 100 post! you are awsome!

Hermana Maw said...

Marne', thanks. I just yelled, "I love Marne' through my house. :) Did you hear me?

Donea Lee said...

Hi Leisha! New follower and crazy coincidence...I think I'm technically in your "Absolutely Write" group! :) I say technically because I've only made it to one meeting...(bad me) right before the round up in Sept. I do hope to make it to more.....

Great contest - consider me in!

New follower = 1
I'll blog about it in today's post = 1
Math bonus = 3 total :)

Thanks for the opportunity and maybe I'll "see" you sometime? :)

Hermana Maw said...

Donea, that is a crazy coincidence. Cyber space is smaller than I thought. I'm so glad you found my blog. Welcome! Thanks for entering my contest. :)

Carolyn V. said...

Almost 100 posts!? Woo hoo! That's so great. Congrats Leisha! =D

Hermana Maw said...

Carolyn, thanks! I'll put you down for the contest. :)

Susan Kaye Quinn said...

Yay, contest! I'm in.

I tweeted: http://twitter.com/#!/susankayequinn/status/11237987245363200

Plus, I'm an old follower, and er, the comment.

Math = 4pts

:)

Hermana Maw said...

Susan, yay! Thanks for entering and tweeting. :) You rock.

Katherine Teel said...

Hi there! I learned about you from Susan Kaye Quinn. I retweeted her post and I'm now following you--so, is that like one and a half points?

DenaeC said...

Hi, Leisha!
It's Denae. I'm a follower now. That's one point. I'm also going to add up all the points I have, (1=1), which gives me another point for doing the math (1+1=2). 2. Unless I decide to facebook or twitter about it.

Hermana Maw said...

Katherine, I'm so glad Susan sent you my way. Welcome! I'll put you down for two points. :)

Denae! Welcome welcome! I'm so glad you stopped by! Let me know if you facebook or twitter and I'll add the extra points. :)

Tiana Smith said...

Congrats on the followers :) and I think that's an awesome prize!

Hermana Maw said...

Tiana, thanks. I love getting to know new bloggy friends. :)

Cherie said...

I'm in. 1 point for commenting. And a bonus point for adding up my score, he he. 2 points total. :-)

Hermana Maw said...

Cherie, sweet! Thanks for doing the math. I became a writer for a reason. he he

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails