Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Christmas Wonder

This is the last week for my contest. Click here for details.

Christmas is just three days away. Three, not four because you don't count today. I know this because Kids B, C, and D told me so. A lot. And by a lot we're talking national debt numbers here.

The fun part of this is, they are so excited. Wonder walks around my house every moment in the form of those three kids. And we've waited a long time for it to come. With the boys' disability they never got Christmas until last year. Kid B's fourteen. That's a lot of waiting for wonder to strike. But strike it has. They're all bursting with it.

Their little bodies squirm and the magic name of Santa falls from their lips more times than they can breathe. Reindeer dance on the rooftops, elves peek in windows, and every present holds a wish my children can hold and shake.

It's more than a single Christmas worth of excitement. It's years of waiting, hoping, and faith all bundled up and delivered to me. And I thank my Lord for it, after all, he understands Christmas best. It all started with him and his own son. And the wonder of a special night.

Maybe as the years thunder past my boys will come to see the true miracle of the night, not in a jolly fat man and brightly wrapped presents, but in Christ. That is worth waiting decades for.

Merry Christmas.

6 comments:

Jonene Ficklin said...

Christmas is magical because of children! I love this part. And as they mature, they get the true part of Christmas as they see the kindness of others. Great blog! I loved the bodies squirming with excitement part, ha ha! So true.

Hermana Maw said...

Jonene, you are a wise woman. And, yes, the bodies are squirming here. LOL.

Anonymous said...

I love this post. It's like I'm looking through the frosty windowpanes, myself. Wishing all of you a VERY Merry Christmas!

Hermana Maw said...

L.T., Merry Christmas to you, too! And thanks. :)

Dancing Queen said...

Okay, you made me cry! Great post. Fun to see you yesterday. =)Have a Merry Christmas!

Hermana Maw said...

Dancing Queen, it was awesome to see you! I hope you got all your errands done. Merry Christmas. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails