Friday, March 26, 2010

Mysterious posts, facing my house, and who's out there anyway?

My last post was awesome. If you missed it, check it out. It's short. I'm not sure how it came about, but I decided to leave it. It's not often I can express myself in so few words. He he.

Anyway, I have to go to war. I'm scared, I'm outnumbered, and I don't have very good battle armor. On top of that,I don't have any grenades or other explosive devices. I don't even get a gun or camouflage. Just a rag and a vacuum. My enemy, the messy house, might win.

It's a bad situation. The laundry and the dishes formed a pact with the trash and together they annexed the main floor. We've been forced to retreat to the upper floor, because the basement is landmined with saws, paint, and Sheetrock.

At first we thought we could regroup and fight our way free, but then the bedding and dirty toilets fell to the dark side, and we are now barricaded in the closet. It doesn't look good.

I'm trying to negotiate our surrender, but I'm a little afraid we'll be assimilated. I keep hearing the words, "Resistance is futile."

Inside I almost agree.

But I will fight on! Never give up! Never surrender! The line must be drawn here. Today. In the drywall dust. I will not go down without a fight.

But who will care for my little ones if I am gunned down by dust bunnies? The fate of their (my children not the dust bunnies) lives is in my paint-speckled hands.

Wish me well. I go now to face the dreaded shower armed only with a Magic Eraser and Elbow grease.

And on a final note, if you're out there reading this, drop a comment. Today is not the day to lurk in cyber-space. I might not live through this battle to post again, and I don't want to die without knowing who's reading my final words.

6 comments:

The Stanley's said...

Kinda spooky if you ask me. If it wasn't you who wrote "A" who was it?

I will be rooting for you as I just spent the past hour rooting for Jack Bauer. Yes,I am a '24' viewer and missed this weeks episode, thus my rendezvous with Hulu. I must say though, Jack fights terrorists, is on a search for nuclear rods and removed the armored door of his suburban to use it as a shield against sniper fire, he even took a hit. I am not sure though that his task was as daunting as your blog post description! I'm thinking you may need to call in some back up. Good luck!!

Hermana Maw said...

Like Jack, it is going to take me more than one day to finish twenty-four hours worth of work. ;)

Marne' said...

Good luck I cant wait to see how the battle turned out:) I can hear the commentairy of some future tv reality show .."so next time on the heroines of household warfair we will check in on leisha as she battles the...."

Irene B. Gardner said...

You are so hilarious, girlfriend. I hate being connected to the "D" word (domestic). Argh. I wish you the best of luck, but REMEMBER---as soon as you are done, you'll just have to start all over again. A woman's work is NEVER done. NEVER!

Luv ya, sweetie.

Matt Maw said...

Very entertaining. My mother-in-law has requested that I forward this to her husband, who is remodelling their home.

Hermana Maw said...

Marne', hey great idea, but I don't want to play myself. I love cameras so, you know. Maybe you could play me. We kind of look alike with the small exceptions of you being ten years younger and thinner. Not to mention, you have better teeth.

Irene, thanks, and you're right. It's never done. Ever. Sigh.

Matt, that is so funny. And thanks for the comment! It's good to hear from you. How are things on your battlefront?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails