Thursday, August 13, 2009

Starting A Blog and Articulate Cats

Never having blogged before, I've decided that starting one is bit like having an articulate cat. Now I know this sounds odd, so I'll explain. We have a kitten who loves milk. Every morning the little, white puff ball with claws saunters into the kitchen, plants himself in front of the refrigerator and starts mewing. We, as his faithful servants, rush to the fridge and get him a bowl of milk.

You are probably wondering what starting a blog has to do with the cat and milk, but hang in there, its coming.

Yesterday we ran out of milk. Our little demon of cuteness wandered to the kitchen and assumed his milk getting position. The mewing commenced. The milk drinking did not.

Now cats, especially young, spoiled cats, don't seem to understand that the fridge isn't magic and that when the milk is gone, it's gone. I even showed him it was gone. He didn't believe me and the mewing continued. And continued. And continued. In desperation I poured the demanding brute a dish of soy milk.

Here's that part that explains the strange connection between blogs and articulate cats.

My kitten sniffed the soy milk, then promptly tried to bury it. Yes, he tried to dispose of it like excrement. I laughed, but he didn't. He gave me a look that clearly said, "Why have you given me this foul thing?" He then turned his back on me and shunned me for the rest of the day.

My fear is that you, as the potential reader, may decided my blog is soy milk. Now, I like soy milk. In fact, I prefer soy milk, but you may not. So, here's hoping you don't try to bury my blog. I just don't know how I'd react to that. I'd probalby get a big glass of soy milk and shun you for the rest of the day.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails