Tuesday, February 22, 2011

This Means War!

As the sun crept over the mountains this morning, I knew today was the day. What day you ask? The day war would be fought. Here. Now.

What war?

This war.



The Cleaning War.

And the force is strong with my foe.

My house has had a long weekend to gather it's troops. The dust bunnies alone could take out a squad of marines. Just saying. And then there's the dishes. And the laundry.



Yup, it's going to be a long day.

Then the real battle will begin--cleaning house in my manuscript. I have to take out the trash. Pages of it. Writing a first draft is a bit like having a long weekend, it's fun, but you make a mess of things. So, now I need to convince a dark elf who's been banished to earth to play nice with the humans. Yes, he does have a bit of an attitude, but I have the delete key. Mwhahaha.

What are you going to clean today?

8 comments:

Candice said...

That Darth Vader picture is awesome!! Good luck with your cleaning. I've got a mountain of laundry waiting to be tackled myself.

Shallee said...

Love this! I'll be joining you in the cleaning war today...blech. In a few days, I'll be diving into manuscript cleaning, which will hopefully be a lot more fun!

Jonene Ficklin said...

Best of luck with the war. I just wish the battles would stop and peace could be declared, ha ha! No such luck.

Hermana Maw said...

Candice, is there any other laundry than a mountain of it? Sheesh. :)

Shallee, it's always more fun to clean on paper. LOL.

Jonene, a declaration of peace would be awesome, but I'm more likely to see a demand for surrender.

Karen said...

Love the picture. :) As for cleaning...sigh...why can't I enjoy cleaning my house as much as I enjoy cleaning up my WIP? And how does a one-year-old make such big messes? It's a mystery.

Hermana Maw said...

Karen, if you figure out how to love cleaning the house please let me in on the secret. Books are so much easier to love. :)

Cherie said...

Hope you won the battle. I know this will be a long drawn out confrontation with more than one skirmish involved ;-).

Stacy Henrie said...

I wish I was in the "cleaning" phase of my manuscript, but I'm still in the making a mess (first draft) stage. How are both projects (house and book) going?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails