Monday, January 25, 2010

Shamed into posting, and the three reasons I stink at this.

Over the weekend I attended a get together with some writing buddies I met at the WIFYR Workshop last June. If you haven't heard about it check out the web-site. It is an amazing conference! http://www.foryoungreaders.com/

While hanging with my writing peeps the subject of blogs came up. More than once. And, needless to say, I was ashamed, horrified, and otherwise humbled by my meager blog. Now, you might have noticed that I don't post very often. There's a reason for this. Several actually. I'll list three.

1: I have no life. Plain and simple. I sit down and read other people's blogs (people with lives) and wonder, What do I have to say? What have I done that's blog worthy? Somehow changing the batch of laundry for the sixth time today, or sticking my hand down the toilet to retrieve three apple cores doesn't sound as exciting as anything anyone (and I do mean anyone) else has done. I have no glamour in my life. I do have dishes. (See, not glamorous. Even if you have a really good imagination.) I also have carpool, which could be glamorous if I drove a convertible, but I don't. I drive a MAV. Otherwise known as a Mother Assault Vehicle, or a van. Not exciting.

2: I'm neck deep in revisions on my novels. Yes I have a couple of them and they still count if they're not published, but not as much as if they were. And I have four kids who do strange things like shove apple cores down toilets and dirty an absurd amount of clothes and dishes leaving me no time to blog.

3: I don't have a Ham radio license.

Despite these three very good excuses. (Especially #3) I will here and now vow to blog at least once a week. And if that fails, there is always the once a month option.

2 comments:

Brodi Ashton said...

You have to have glamor in your life to blog? Oh man, I didn't read the rules right.

Go Leisha! Blog about those apple cores because that's funny!

Hermana Maw said...

Brodi, there are rules? No wonder I don't know what I'm doing.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails